Rules for admission and submission of contribution
1. The works must be proposed to the scientific committee exclusively through the online platform of the journal Vergentis, after the registration on the following link: http://vergentis.ucam.edu/index.php/vergentis/user/register
2. Submissions, that must be original, unpublished and adapted to these rules, cannot be submitted to any other publication. They can be written in Spanish, Italian, German, French and English. Topics must adapt to those proposed by the Editorial Board.
3. Authors are requested to sign the declaration of originality of the Journal: Download PDF.
4. The editorial board will review the originality of the work through the Turnitin platform. In any case the plagiarism or lack of originality in the papers presented will be not allowed.
5. Authors must indicate their ORCID code together with their affiliation data. Those who do not have this personal identifier can register for free at http://orcid.org to complete this information. An articled signed by several authors must include the ORCID of each and every one of them.
6. Submissions will be evaluated by two anonymous and external editors (referees), unconnected to both the institution and the editorial board according to the system of “revision by pairs” (double-blind). Acceptances or refusals with the reasons for the decision will be sent to the authors before 60 calendar days. This review reserves the right to modify, partially, the style or format of the works presented. Articles processing and submission have no charges. Evaluation Form used by the referees: Download PDF.
7. All authors promise to follow the suggestions of the editors in order to modify the submissions accepted. After the publication they will receive three copies of the review and a pdf file with the final format.
8. On the first page there will appear the title of the article, the name and the principal affiliation of the author. The body of the text must be necessarily preceded by two abstracts in two of the languages of the journal (one of which must necessarily be written in English), which should not exceed 200 words. The keywords shall be indicated in each of the two languages used for the abstract.
9. Originals will be submitted with A4 format, 3cm margin and complete justification, Times or Times New Roman font (12 points for the text and bibliography and 10 points for abstracts, keywords and footnotes).
10. For the text, authors must use indented paragraphs and 1.5 space between lines. Articles will not have more than 25 pages. Notes will not have more than 15 pages and reviews no more than 3 pages.
11. Footnotes will be added at the end of the page, numbered with Arabic numbers.
12. The titles of the sections will be presented in small capital letters, numbered (1, 2, 3…) and separated by one line from the previous text. There will only be admitted subsections on the articles section, in black rounded letters with numeration (1.1, 1.2…) and separated by one line from the previous text.
13. Italics will be used in order to highlight expressions, quotes or words in other languages. Quotes of up to four lines of extension will be integrated in the text through quotation marks. Longer quotes will be presented in italics in a paragraph separated by a single line.
14. Quotes of up to four lines of extension will be integrated in the text through quotation marks and in italics (“”). Longer quotes will be presented in italics in a paragraph separated by a single line, with a font size of 11 points, with an indentation of one centimetre both on the left and on the right and between quotation marks (“”). If the original quoted text includes quotation marks, they will always appear in the text of the work as French quotation marks.
15. Short references within the text will be referred to the Code of Canon Law with the canon or canons and the corresponding number (c. 3; cc. 7-22); to the Code of the Eastern Churches(CCEO, c. 1; CCEO cc. 3-5); to the initials of the II Vatican Council (LG 1…); Decree of Graciano: First part (D. 50 c. 10…), Second part (C. 30 q. 5 c. 1…) De paenitentia (De paen. D. 1, c. 10…), part (de cons. D. 1 c. 5).
16. Each article must be accompanied by final bibliography in MLA format, in alphabetical order according to the surname of the author.
17. Style of bibliographic citations: Download PDF
Copyright © Vergentis. Revista de Investigación de la Cátedra Internacional Conjunta Inocencio III
Except where otherwise noted, all content on this website is licensed under a Creative Commons License: Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International (CC BY-NC 4.0). This license allows for non-commercial redistribution as long as attribution is given to the authors and the Vergentis. Revista de Investigación de la Cátedra Internacional Conjunta Inocencio III as the original publication source, and a link to the article on the TIM Review website is provided.